Shellac is the brand name for a new, patent pending nail product created by Creative Nail Design (CND). It is a hybrid, meaning half nail polish, half gel. It can be applied similarly to nail polish on your natural nails (no sculpting or filing). It is cured through UV lighting, just like Gels.
- Thin and strong product that gives it both flexibility and durability
- Natural look combined with the shine associated with gel nails
- Lasts up to 14 days
- Removal technique through acetone wraps does not leave nails dry, thin, or torn.
- Unlike other artificial nails, you cannot use Shellac to strengthen or lengthen your nails.
- Shellac is only sold to licensed professionals and requires a special removal process.
- Shellac is not for everyone as it requires a healthy nail bed.